Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA - Conditional Approval procedure

sheelnidhig

Hello All,

We have a very simple workflow which which allows used to increase the volume size by 5/10/20%. and we have also added a condition if the containing aggr does not have a 90% free space then it will not increase the volume capacity.

But we would like to add an approval process with a condition:

- if an aggr is more then 90%  then we would like to send an approval request or else users should be able to simply increase the volume size.

I am attaching the Workflow as well!

,Sheel

5 REPLIES 5

ag
NetApp

Hi Sheel,

I was using your attached workflow and i found a different issue. I need your help to understand it.

In the 'Percentage Command', there seems to be a parameter "PipelineVariable". This does not appear in the code.

Did you use such a parameter in your powershell command code and removed it later?

What is the purpose of that command?

sheelnidhig

Hello,

I have added percentage command just to able to take a custom variable from user. I think pipeline variable automatically comes with any custom command.

Later I realized its not really needed.  as I didn't know how to add a custom variable to take an input from user.

,Sheel

adaikkap

Pls take a look at this thread for PipeLine Variable.

https://communities.netapp.com/thread/36168

Also an  RFE for Conditional Approval points is opened. Pls open a case with NetApp Support and add the same to RFE # 735785

Regards

adai

adaikkap

Hi Sheel,

Let me check and get back to you, will have to see if approval point gets executed on a condition.

Regards

adai

abhit

Hi Sheel:

Currently WFA does not have a feature for conditional approval points.

This may be coming up in a future release.

However, there may be some workarounds, which somebody could have found out.

Regards

Abhi

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public