Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA - Incremental Naming Wizart add prefix

sheelnidhig

Hello Guys,

I am trying to working on incremental naming for junction path from volume name, but not able to add "/" as a prefix.

Situation here is, I am trying to clone a volume using flexclone and adding "_clone" as sufix to the original volume, so its easy for us to figure out that the clone is coming from which volume but wishes to use a junction path a next number, so that in the event of flex clone split user dont have to make any changes on their end and it becomes seemless for them:

Example:

Parent volume name : volume0001

Junction path for Parent Volume : /volume0001

FlexClone volume name: volume0001_clone

Junction path for Flexclone volume should be : /volume0002

I am not able to increase the junction path according to the next volume number but not able to add "/" as prefix.

An alternate it to modify the Clone volume command and add "/" in the command itself, but i was looking for a possibility if i can do it from Incremental Wizard as it allows us to add sufix.

Thanks,

Sheel

3 REPLIES 3

abhit

Hi Sheel:

Just to be clear about the question:

"I am not able to increase the junction path according to the next volume number but not able to add "/" as prefix."

1. You are unable to increase the junction path according to the next Volume number

And

2. Add "/" as prefix.

Is my understanding correct?

Regards

Abhi

sheelnidhig

Hello,

I am sorry, bad english 😞

To clarify, I am able to increase the sequence number at the end of junction path name by uding finder.

But I am unable to add "/" as prefix.

,Thanks

Sheel

abhit
Hi Sheel: Thanks for your reply. Can you please look into the attached jpeg. I have tried explaining to you via the "Create Volume Command". You need to use "Incremental Naming" feature and then use "Custom Expressions" to modify the name of the volume or junction path. Regards Abhi
Public