Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA - Vcenter integeration issue

plrsuresh

Im getting following error while try to add Vcenter to WFA.

Command '$Uri=@($input)[0];

D:\Netapp\WFA\jboss\..\PoSH\profile.ps1;Invoke-wfaCommand -Script'./vc_13959550474012708913814433776053.ps1"timed out

Anyone got this error before ?

Thanks

----------------------------

I installed VMware Power CLI5.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

plrsuresh

Thanks a lot Singaa, I increased 1440, now its working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sinhaa

This looks like slow response from from Vcenter Server and hence the time-out. You can increase the Timeout to greater than 600 sec ( default) but before that you do the following.

1. Check you have provided the correct IP, Port etc.

2. From your WFA server, Open VMware PowerCLI console and connect to your VC using the following command: 

Connect-VIServer -Server <VC_Hostname_or_IP> -User <user> -Password <password>

3.  Command : Get-VM

to list out the available VMs.

If all this finish in decent quick time, increase the timeout of Datasource to larger value like 1000 sec and try again.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

plrsuresh

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI> connect-viserv er -server 10.228.1.171 -user "cwc\spachiyap" -password xxxxxx WARNING: There were one or more problems with the server certificate:  * A certification chain processed correctly, but terminated in a root certificate which isn't trusted by the trust provider.  * The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value.   Name                           Port  User ----                           ----  ---- 10.228.1.171                   443   cwc\spachiyap   PS C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI>

sinhaa

Can you now try to increase the timeout and acquire? Does your VCenter Server have a very large number of objects?

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

plrsuresh

Thanks a lot Singaa, I increased 1440, now its working.

Public