Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA - Why is first command box displaying blank during preview or execution?

stephen2

All, a couple of my workflows have started exhibiting strange behavior. When executing or previewing the workflow, the first command box (no-op for CDOT) does not display. There is just a white box - the rest of the commands go blue and then green.

This was working fine until recently. What would cause this behavior?

Steve G

8 REPLIES 8

stephen2

It is not just the 1st command only - just had one workflow command box show blank in middle of workflow as well.  Checking execution, it says it ran, but there is no way to check within the box to see values.

shailaja

Hi,

Could you please share a screenshot when the error occured ?

Thanks,

Shailaja

stephen2

Here are two screenshots. It seems to happen when I replace a command in an existing workflow

shailaja

Hi Steve,

Well, I was not able to replicate. I tried steps like adding/removing commands to workflows, or rearranging commands in the workflow.

Would it be possible to get the DAR file and the steps with which you were able to replicate it.

Thanks,

Shailaja

stephen2

attached is the workflow.

How it happened:

The first command was named "test" as I was developing. When it was ready, I created a new command and pasted in the code.

I then added the command to the workflow (while the original "test" command was still there. In the workflow design, I edited the new command to reference the same variables (so I wouldn't lose the user input configs), and then deleted the "test" command.

I think by doing this I must have broken something internal to the workflow.

rename .txt to .dar

shailaja

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the dar file. This particular workflow seems to be working fine in preview mode when I tried out.

Other than that, I tried multiple combinations of clone/copy command code and inserting into the workflow, but could not replicate the issue you are hitting.

Is this very consistent and still happening to you with the same workflow ?

Thanks,

Shailaja

stephen2

Spoiler
that is so strange - It was behaving that way on multiple WFA servers. I ended up rebuilding the workflow with a new command (but using the same code) and it worked.

shailaja

Ok. Well, glad it is working now.

Shailaja

Public