Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA installation : new data source creation VSC

SYEDKHIZAR

Hi,

I'm going through the OnCommand WFA Installation and Setup Guide 2.0.1 pg 18-20 and would need to remove this confusion about setting up VSC as a datasource. Can this be done without configuring Unified Manager? And what are the complete steps for setting up a user for WFA in VMware vCenter?

Thanks,

Nauman

1 REPLY 1

sinhaa

Hi Nauman,

I didn't understand what is VSC as a Data source, I'm sure its not a canned Datasource type which can be acquired by WFA. Or are you talking about VMWare vCenter as a Datasource type?

If its the latter, then I can try to answer your questions.

1. Can this be done without configuring Unified Manager?

Yes. VMware vCenter data source doesn't need Unified Manager.

2. And what are the complete steps for setting up a user for WFA in VMware vCenter?

You can't setup a user for WFA in VMware vCenter. The user for this VmWare vCenter Datasource has to be an existing user already created with at least Read permission. You can provide the login credential that you are using for connecting to your VmWare vCenter using the VmWare vCenter client. There is no need for a separate dedicated user for WFA. Any user credential  who can login to VmWare vCenter can be provided.

Let me know if you have more questions.

I also take your points as the document feedback.

warm regards,

Abhishek Sinha

WFA Team

NetApp

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public