Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA is there a way to skip a command in a workflow based on user input dependancy

waynesilvia

Is there a way to skip a command(s) in a workflow based on user input?

Scenario

I am creating a volume and exporting to hosts. depending on if the volume is a production volume I want to mirror the volume to another filer/volume

I thought that I could use input dependancy but that does not seem to do it...it only will "prompt" me to change the input if I select prod or be grayed out but still contain "default data"

User input

class   (enum)     values: stage,prod

if I choose stage I dont want to run the command to create the mirror volume and create VSM relationship

if I choose prod I want the workflow to run the command to create the mirror volume and snapmirror relationship

I probably can create my own special command for create volume and create VSM and check the class variable for stage and skip within the command, but is there a cleaner way vs do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

korns

Include the command, or commands, (sec vol, vsm, etc) that will optionally execute in the workflow. On those command(s), go to the Advanced tab and select Execute this commnad: If the following epression is true. Then, in the expression box enter: ( $class == "prod" ) ... which tell the command to only execute if the user selected prod.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

korns

Include the command, or commands, (sec vol, vsm, etc) that will optionally execute in the workflow. On those command(s), go to the Advanced tab and select Execute this commnad: If the following epression is true. Then, in the expression box enter: ( $class == "prod" ) ... which tell the command to only execute if the user selected prod.

waynesilvia

thanks...quick and easy!!! 

Public