The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA to modify /etc/rc files

Lukas

Hello,

We are using WFA to create vFilers. It does roughly everything we need. However, it does update /etc/rc files (which is very good) but we'd like to have it updated a bit differently.

It adds the following lines into /etc/rc:

vlan add vif0 XXXX

vlan add vif0 XXXX

vlan add vif0 XXXX

ifconfig vif0-XXXX `hostname`-vifX-XXX netmask 255.255.255.224 broadcast xx.xxx.xxx.xx partner vif0-XXXX up

ifconfig vif0-XXXX `hostname`-vifX-XXX netmask 255.255.255.224 broadcast xx.xxx.xxx.xx partner vif0-XXXX up

Can WFA update it in a way like this?

# vFiler 01

vlan add vif0 XXXX

# vFiler 02

vlan add vif0 XXXX

# vFiler 03

vlan add vif0 XXXX

Even the comments are important.

Have you had a need for this, or could you please point me the right direction?

Thank you!

Lukas

2 REPLIES 2

sinhaa

Hi Lukas,

@ Can WFA update it in a way like this?

----

Its not WFA that writes this data in /etc/rc files and hence can't control it. Its the ONTAP that does it and WFA has no say in it.

You can write a Data-Formatter code which can modify /etc/rc in the format you want after actual commands execution is complete. For your simplistic requirement, it should not be very difficult. This code can also be a WFA command.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Lukas

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

Could you give me some hints? Should I write a data-formatter which then will be used by WFA? Or can I even use WFA only?

Thanks for giving me direction. I will try to look into it.

Regards,

Lukas

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public