Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Wait for Monitor Refresh authentication error

TIMHOIBERG

Hi,

After upgrading to 2.1 in my Dev environment I was testing some of the workflows when I came across an issue with the Netapp certified "Wait for Monitor Refresh" command. When it's run it returns with the following error: "No suitable authentication method found to complete authentication." This command is using the same credentials as "Refresh Monitors on Array" which is run immediately before it and successfully completes. The DFM server it's connecting to is version 5.0.2 and running on a RHEL server.

Execution Log:

09:48:03.529 INFO  [Wait for monitor refresh] Executing command: ./Wait_for_monitor_refresh9077589503666962724.ps1 -ArrayName [arrayname] -DFMServerName [dfmname] -WaitForFileSystems $true -WaitForLuns $false -WaitForVfilers $true

09:48:03.591 INFO  [Wait for monitor refresh] Waiting for monitor refresh for array [arrayname]

09:48:03.654 INFO  [Wait for monitor refresh] Credentials successfully provided for [dfmname]

09:48:03.701 INFO  [Wait for monitor refresh] Waiting for vFiler discovery

09:48:03.763 INFO  [Wait for monitor refresh] Waiting for volume and qtree discovery

09:48:04.482 ERROR  [Wait for monitor refresh] No suitable authentication method found to complete authentication.

09:48:04.654 ERROR  [Wait for monitor refresh] Wait Command failed for Workflow 'MANUAL: Unstructured Linux volume' with error : No suitable authentication method found to complete authentication.

09:48:04.669 INFO  [Wait for monitor refresh] ***** Workflow Execution Failed *****

6 REPLIES 6

sinhaa

Hello Tim,

Is this issue consistently reproducible for you? Would it be possible to try the the workflow with a different DFM?

I tested the command with a DFM 5.1 ( windows 2003 ) and similar parameters to run and wait for Refresh, but I didn't face any problem. The message "No suitable authentication method found to complete authentication." isn't thrown by the WFA command, perhaps coming fro the DFM server.

Let me see if I can get a 5.0.2 on Linux to see if that works.

warm regards,

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

TIMHOIBERG

Hi Sinhaa,

The issue is definitely reproducible, it occurs every time the "Wait for Monitor Refresh" command runs, regardless of the workflow. I also tried it against our DFM 5.2 instance on RHEL 6.3 and encountered the same error. Running Invoke-NaSsh from my local computer I get the same error when trying to run a command like "dfm services list".

Regards,

Tim

adaikkap

Hi Tim,

This error seem to be of SSH connection issue and neither is thrown by WFA or DFM.

I did a google and landed at couple of SSH threads.

http://sshnet.codeplex.com/discussions/348102

http://sshnet.codeplex.com/discussions/361314

Both of these talk about keyboardauthentication method and I am complete not sure if that's your case as well.

As what user is the WFA trying to connect to the DFM server ? Can you try changing the same ?

Regards

adai

sinhaa

I think your Linux server have been configured for disallow ssh login via Password. It could be public key. I was able to reproduce your error, so I suspect this could be the cause.

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Invoke-NaSsh -Name 10.226.179.194 -Command "dfm about" -Credential $cred

Invoke-NaSsh : No suitable authentication method found to complete authentication.

At line:1 char:1

+ Invoke-NaSsh -Name 10.226.179.194 -Command "dfm about" -Credential $cred

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (:) [Invoke-NaSsh], SshAuthenticationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : SshExecFailed,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Toolkit.Ssh.InvokeNaSsh

PS C:\Users\Administrator>

Open file : /etc/ssh/sshd_config using vi editor and see what is the configuration set for authentication via passoword.

Look for these line:

PasswordAuthentication no

Modify it to yes and restart the ssh service.

# service sshd restart

Stopping sshd:                                             [  OK  ]

Starting sshd:                                             [  OK  ]

After this, test with Invoke-NaSSh and see if you are able to connect and run commands. I think this should fix it for you.

Let me know how this worked for you.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

TIMHOIBERG

Hi sinhaa,

I tried to use the invoke-nassh command on my production WFA server (which is still version 2.0) and I'm able to run the invoke-nassh command successfully from that server. I then copied the dataONTAP module and placed it on the server which I've been having troubles on and was able to successfully use the invoke-nassh command against the linux server. Has there been any changes in the dataontap module between WFA 2.0 and 2.1GA?

sinhaa

And it worked just by replacing the Module alone and nothing done at the Linux server?? wooow!! That's indeed very strange Tim. But glad you were able to proceed.

ONTAP module had been updated in 2.1 from 2.0 but I couldn't see any reason why the new one wasn't able to authenticate using Password.

I'll need to dig more.

warm regards,

sinhaa

Public