Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

how to hide user input fields

berhei
Hello

I am trying to create some workflows for some help desk tasks.
In the workflows I select the user input values using a query. 
Is it somehow possible to hide the user input from the UI and still use the values?

I know of the "Dependency" feature but it is not quite the right behavior.
Is there a other, and possible better way to achieve this.

Thanks and best regards.
berhei
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

@ Or is there any other way to set a value with a query and use it like a user input?

-----

You can make use of the Posh cmdlet Invoke-MySqlQuery or Perl method invokeMysqlQuery in your command code to run a query and get the result in your command itself. Now use it. No need to declare it as a parameter.  

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sinhaa

@

In the workflows I select the user input values using a query. 
Is it somehow possible to hide the user input from the UI and still use the values?

----

You can't hide the Input values for a User Input type: Query, You need type: Password. But then  (1) you can't use make use of the Drop-down list to make this input selection as you were doing for a query. You would need to manually enter the value.

(2) You  would also need to modify the command code to get the entered Input value in plain-text before further processing.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

berhei

Thank you.

That is not exactly what I meant. I don't want any user input fields for the given fields. The value of the fields should be selected using the query. The user should not see anything of this values. 

Or is there any other way to set a value with a query and use it like a user input?

Best regards

berhei

sinhaa

@ Or is there any other way to set a value with a query and use it like a user input?

-----

You can make use of the Posh cmdlet Invoke-MySqlQuery or Perl method invokeMysqlQuery in your command code to run a query and get the result in your command itself. Now use it. No need to declare it as a parameter.  

borisaelen

Hi!

You can also put the inputs you want to hide in a different group.

Then you dont expand that group and they wont see them.

Public