Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

on command system manager 3.1.2 no longer launch after root cert replaced

dfwmouser

I have system manager installed on a server, a desktop, and a laptop and have been using them for years to administer my older 7 mode arrays. As of monday the system admin group replaced their cert server and pushed out a new root cert to all servers, desktops, and laptops. Now all three of my installations fail to launch system manager. When I try it does not appear that anything happens as if I did not try to launch it. It must have something to do with the new root cert being pushed out. No other changes have occurred. I am not able to install the latest 3.1.3 due to it requiring a newer version of java. All those systems that already have it installed on require an older version of java needed by other applications like from brocade. I did take one host and install the latest java and system manager and it did work. I need to figure out how to resolve my three hosts that I cannot upgrade and need to get them working again so I have my redundancy back. Any thoughts on how I can resolve those hosts no longer launching system manager.

1 REPLY 1

hmoubara

Hello,

can you share the below:

System Manager version:

Host OS version:

Java version:

Can you try navigating to the installation directory for system manager on your host and locate a file (SystemManager.jar) and launch it. Then proceed and check if you can launch system manager.

Thanks 

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public