Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

public var strings used in a loop

francoisbnc

I created a custom command that set some options on volume, this command is used via workflow loop.

Is there a way to use an external public var for example summarize in a string list and with certified command send email of the volumes modified.

Help appreciated, thank you in advance

francois

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paragp

Unfortunately in/out parameters are not supported. Instead you could create a volume filter that returns only volumes that have used space > 80%.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

paragp

Francois, You could use a loop variable to form your String of modified volumes, and then use this variable as input to the Send Email Command.

francoisbnc

Thanks and if I would add only objets that have been modified by custom command.

For example resize volumes if used space > 80% and send email of all volumes resized, not all volumes in the loop.

Can I use a private in/out var there.

francois

paragp

Unfortunately in/out parameters are not supported. Instead you could create a volume filter that returns only volumes that have used space > 80%.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public