Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

scheduled report created but not send via email

EOINDICKSONRBS

Hi,

I've installed OnCommand/DFM v5.0.2. I'm trying to schedule a report through the Reports tab. The report gets created ( can see it in Program Files/Netapp/Datafabric Manager/DFM/Reports on the server) and I get an email from DFM Manager saying "scheduled report ran successfully" (I've set up my account to receive all warning level alerts) but I never get the email containing the report. I entered the same email address when scheduling the report as I have when setting myself up to receive alerts. What am I missing ?

Many thanks,

Eoin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

agireesh

Hi Eoin,

All setting looks fine and you are also getting the alert email. Another possibility can be, you have a antivirus or firewall installed in your machine which is not allow to send the email with attachment. From DFM side all setting are fine only you need to check that you are able to send the email with attachment from the machine where DFM server is installed.

If possible, you can write perl script to send a email with attachment from the machine where dfm is installed and verify that whether you are able to send the email with attachment or not. 

Regards,

Gireesh

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

adaikkap

Are you seeing any error in your dfmscheduler.log or dfmserver.log ? with respect to the scheduled email ?

Regards

adai

EOINDICKSONRBS

Hi,

I can't find a file called dfmscheduler.log.

In dfmserver.log I see "Created schedule..." at the time I scheduled the report. The only error I see in that file is  around once a day it is saying "could not open directory: c:/program files/netapp/datafabric manager/DFM/dataExport".

There are no errors in DFMEvent.log

Thanks,

Eoin

agireesh

Hi Eoin,

Are you able to share the report...? If you able to share the report then can you share the output of "dfm report schedule designer list/detail" command.  

Regards,

Gireesh

pradeepl

Hi Eoin,

Can you run dfm report schedule designer detail CLI and confirm the  e-mail address listed there for the reports ?

PS C:\Users\Administrator> dfm report schedule designer list

ID     Name                 Report                     Schedule

------ -------------------- -------------------------- --------------------

1555 pradeepl@netapp.com  aggregates-report          Weekly on Sunday at 12 hours 0 minutes

PS C:\Users\Administrator> dfm report schedule designer detail 1555

ID               1555

Name             pradeepl@netapp.com

Report           aggregates-report

Report Arguments Global

Schedule         Weekly on Sunday at 12 hours 0 minutes

Archival Format  pdf

Email Addresses  pradeepl@netapp.com

Last Run Time    2012-08-13 11:08:02.000000

Last Run Result  Succeeded

EOINDICKSONRBS

Thanks for your replies. Here's what I get - the email addresses are correct. Like I said, we get the information event email to say the report schdule ran successfully we just never get the report emailed to us.

C:\Users\deoin2>dfm report schedule designer list

ID     Name                 Report                     Schedule

------ -------------------- -------------------------- --------------------

258 eoin.dickson@ts2-labs.com(4) volumes-capacity-report    Daily at 15 hours

35 minutes.

243 eoin.dickson@ts2-labs.com(1) aggregates-report          Daily at 9 hours

50 minutes.

262 eoin.dickson@ts2-labs.com(5) qtrees-capacity-report     Daily at 16 hours

28 minutes.

246 chris.pender@ts2-labs.com aggregates-capacity-report Daily at 10 hours 32

minutes.

250 eoin.dickson@ts2-labs.com(2) events-current-report      Daily at 11 hours

43 minutes.

238 eoin.dickson@ts2-labs.com aggregates-capacity-growth-report Daily at 14 h

ours 14 minutes.

254 eoin.dickson@ts2-labs.com(3) aggregates-capacity-report Daily at 16 hours

18 minutes.

265 chris.pender@ts2-labs.com,eoin.dickson@ts2-labs.com storage-systems-capac

ity-report Daily at 11 hours 58 minutes.

C:\Users\deoin2>dfm report schedule designer detail 265

ID               265

Name             chris.pender@ts2-labs.com,eoin.dickson@ts2-labs.com

Report           storage-systems-capacity-report

Report Arguments Global

Schedule         Daily at 11 hours 58 minutes.

Archival Format  pdf

Email Addresses  chris.pender@ts2-labs.com,eoin.dickson@ts2-labs.com

Last Run Time    2012-08-13 11:58:03.000000

Last Run Result  Succeeded

agireesh

What about sharing the report..? Are you getting the email after sharing the report..? Can you share a report and let me know either you are getting the email or not .

Regards,

Gireesh

EOINDICKSONRBS

Sorry, I had not tried sharing the report. That helps, as I am getting "Unable to share the report: Could not zip and email. Please refer dfm and dfmserver logs for more detailed information."

In dfm.log I am seeing "Could not email the report output... Reason:Checking Mailing Server configuration". Is there another place I need to enter the mail server details ?

agireesh

Could you please provide the output of "dfm option list | findstr /-i smtp" command. I just want to know whether you gave valid SMTP server or not.

Also, may I know how many records you have in report...? Are you able to share the report which have very less records.

Regards,

Gireesh

EOINDICKSONRBS

The command gives -

SMTPServerBackup

SMTPServerName                        gbedftsexm301

SMTPServerPort                        25

gbedftsexm301 is the name of our mailhost.

I'm not sure what you mean by how many record I have in report. I tried to share tjhe simplest report I could see, storage capacity/capacity/storage systems which should have only 2 lines but I still get the error.

agireesh

Is your SMTP server ("gbedftsexm301") is pingable from

- machine where dfm is installed.

- machine where you want the email for report.

If above things are working fine then please check that all the dfm services are ups and running using dfm service list.

Regards,

Gireesh

EOINDICKSONRBS

Hi, yes, the machine is pingable and if I go to Alarms - manage alarms - Test I get the email from DFM Manager.

Using the "dfm service list" command all the services say "unable to connect to service control manager". If I look at the services through Windows Server manager they are all Started.

agireesh

Hi Eoin,

All setting looks fine and you are also getting the alert email. Another possibility can be, you have a antivirus or firewall installed in your machine which is not allow to send the email with attachment. From DFM side all setting are fine only you need to check that you are able to send the email with attachment from the machine where DFM server is installed.

If possible, you can write perl script to send a email with attachment from the machine where dfm is installed and verify that whether you are able to send the email with attachment or not. 

Regards,

Gireesh

EOINDICKSONRBS

You got it. The virus scanner only allows certain processes to send mail and I needed to have dfm.exe and dfmserver.exe added to the list of processes. Now I am receiving the reports via email. How frustrating.

Thanks for your help with this.

adaikkap

Thats, a good catch gireesh. Probably we should have an FAQ on this.

Regards

adai

sellou

I have sown this error, virify that that the route between DFM and your mail server is open. Contact your Network Administrator.

Go to Setup==> options==>Events and Alerts to verify this informations and give them to your network administrator.

Goud luck.

Public