Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

vCenter connection failing

stephen2

Hi all, trying to connect WFA to vCenter 5. Cannot acquire - says cant connect on port 1433

When I check, 1433 is not open.  Checking vcenter server services, it shows SQL server running (see attached screenshot).

What are our options if we can't connect via 1433? I know we can set an alternate port, but how do we know which port to set it to? I also attached a list of open ports on the vcenter server

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stephen2

The problem is a type in the install guide on page 24. 

The document reads 

sqlcmd -S <HOME>\SQLEXP_VIM -E

but it should read

sqlcmd -S <HOME>\VIM_SQLEXP -E

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

yaronh

Hi Stephen,

Kindly review the WFA installation and setup guide available in the documents section of the community.

Appendix E covers VC connectivity. AFAIK you can go to the data source definition and set a different port if 1433 doesn't work for you.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

BR,

Yaron Haimsohn
WFA Team

stephen2

The problem is a type in the install guide on page 24. 

The document reads 

sqlcmd -S <HOME>\SQLEXP_VIM -E

but it should read

sqlcmd -S <HOME>\VIM_SQLEXP -E

View solution in original post

yaronh

Thanks Stephen,

We will forward to IE. We are just updating our documentation for WFA 2.0 release.

Kind regards,

Yaron

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public