Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

Active IQ watchlist

jessango

Hi.

I am accessing Active IQ as a customer. In our case, we have many NetApp systems (>100) associated to different 'customers' as per any different site/country. 

We're planning to create watchlists matching the lists of clusters (serial numbers) that we have in different on-prem AIQUM instances. 

I would like to know if it's possible to add systems that are associated to different 'customers' to a single watchlist, obviously we have access to all the serial numbers. Another interesting thing I would like to know is if the watchlists that I can create with my support user can be shared with other users in our organization that are part of the storage team and also have  NetApp support accounts. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bretta

Yes, it can (as long as you have access to those serial numbers). You can do it by serial number or by customer name. The watchlist creation screen is a multi-select dialog.

Brett

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

bretta

Yes, it can (as long as you have access to those serial numbers). You can do it by serial number or by customer name. The watchlist creation screen is a multi-select dialog.

Brett

jessango

Yes, you're right. I managed to create a watchlist using systems that are linked/associated to different customer names.

I was also asking if these watchlists (in my case created from a customer NetApp Support account) are shareable with other users in my organization also registered in NetApp support. In case it is possible, how can I do it?
If they are not shareable, at least are they searchable? I mean can I tell other team members in my organization with NetApp support accounts about these watchlists and can they access searching by watchlist name?

Thanks again.

jesus .+

bretta

Unfortunately, they can't be shared today. It's a backlog item for our development team, but isn't going to come soon (other top priorities).

jessango

Thanks @bretta for clarifying. Are they at least searchable? I mean, can I share the watchlist name between corporate colleagues with NetApp support accounts so they can access it at least?

Thanks again.

bretta

No, they are not searchable. They aren't shared in any way between accounts. They exist for you only today.

jessango

Thanks for the update. Is there any way for customers to 'vote' for the features in the backlog? I know that with other user support profiles, the watchlists can be shared so I think it should be something related to the permissions/authorizations in the profiles. I mean that the feature seems to be already implemented but not open for all the different profiles.

In our case that we manage hundreds of systems worldwide, could be useful to create watchlists and share them with the different team members with a NetApp support account.

Public