Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

Event management

storageguy

My FAS8200 is running SP firmware 5.8, IQ unified manager reports "Event: Downrev SP/BMC Firmware Is Exposed To A Potential Bug" . Bug 1243613 doesn't applicable to my system. Even though, I manually tried to check  the switch version as said in the bug report. Command not available on my system (cDoT 9.7p8) 

::*> sp switch-version

Error: "switch-version" is not a recognized command

Is Active IQ reporting correctly? Has anyone seen this before? I never trusted any reports from Active IQ. I opened case also sometime ago about security vulnerability reporting before.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ttran

Hi Storageguy,

You will need to run the "sp switch-version" command from the SP context and not the Cluster shell, which is why you received the error of "Error: "switch-version" is not a recognized command". This applies to the rest of the commands in the public report for bug 1243613. Keep in mind you also must enable "diag" privileges at the SP shell using "priv set diag".

Here is an example from a lab system:

SP fas8200-lab-test1> priv set diag
Warning: These diagnostic commands are for use by support personnel only.

SP fas8200-lab-test1*> sp switch-version
Version11 SB_XXII ETHSW RZL

Here is also a link to all the fixes in SP 5.9: SP 5.9 Fixes 

Regards,

Team NetApp

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ttran

Hi Storageguy,

You will need to run the "sp switch-version" command from the SP context and not the Cluster shell, which is why you received the error of "Error: "switch-version" is not a recognized command". This applies to the rest of the commands in the public report for bug 1243613. Keep in mind you also must enable "diag" privileges at the SP shell using "priv set diag".

Here is an example from a lab system:

SP fas8200-lab-test1> priv set diag
Warning: These diagnostic commands are for use by support personnel only.

SP fas8200-lab-test1*> sp switch-version

Here is also a link to all the fixes in SP 5.9: SP 5.9 Fixes 

Regards,

Team NetApp

Team NetApp

andris

At this point, I'd just update to SP 5.9. The big benefit of SP 5.9 (beside some good fixes) is that the internal Ethernet switch configuration is updated automatically.

storageguy

Thanks NetApp Team.

I missed that part (checking the commands through the SP shell).

*> sp switch-version

I will proceed to update the SP firmware to 5.9 as recommended by you.

andris

Great... after you upgrade to SP 5.9, check again after an hour or so. It should read Version16.

Public