Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

issue with cf giveback on netapp 3140

Afridi

Hi, 

we have 3140 and one of controller have taken over . after checking cf status it says that it is ready to giveback but when i issue "cf giveback" it says that "Failed Disk 1d.20 should be removed before the giveback command is invoked" followed by "Fail over monitor: disk Check: giveback cancelled due to active state"

now i am new to netapp so i am searching on internet that how to chnage the failed disk and initially i found to blink the disk. as physically i saw some 7 disk with amber light but " vol status -f " shows only 2 x failed disks. but when i try to blink_on 1d.20 so i dont see any blinking on shelves.

please guide 

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

amans

Hello Afridi,

Did you run the command in advanced mode? 

Example:

node> priv set advanced

node*> blink_on 1d.20

You can also try node*> led_on 1d.20
Reference: https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Systems/FAS_Systems/How_to_identify_a_failed_disk_prior_to_replacement

Regards,

Aman

Afridi

Thank you for reply

Yes i did but it is not working . even i tried to find it in output of disk show commnad but i didn't see it . there are other disks which are shown and "Failed" is displayed in front of it  but not this one and blink_on works very well for other Fialed disk

regards

bretta

I would highly recommend opening a case with support.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public