Ask The Experts

Remedy incident generation for NetApp alerts

bhuvan

Hi All,

We already have remedy incidents coming for all events except hardware failures. Now i am planning to configure for hardware and want to understand how the mechanisim works to configure incident generation for NetApp events?

I can see SNMP trap already configured on each NetApp cluster. Help me how i can configure and test it for generating incident

2 REPLIES 2

paul_stejskal

You want to generate a SNMP trap for a hardware issue basically? The only way I could think of is maybe pulling something like a spare drive, or MAYBE a power cable. There is risk of course doing a power cable, as you lose power redundancy.

If this isn't in production that would be a bit easier to test, but I cannot comment how it would generate internal tickets in your system.

GidonMarcus

if the SNMP monitoring is based on trap and not SNMP monitoring. You can simulate a trap with the command :

event generate -messagename <Message Name> -values <List of Values>

list of events messages can be listed using command like the following (can change the word disk to any other hardware)

event route show -snmp-support true -description *disk*
Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public