Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Ask The Experts

latency discrepancies

kinoblahblah

Hi guys, 

When I utilize the OCUM api via https://<ocum  ip>/rest/clusters/<cluster id>/volumes?dateTimeRange=LAST_1h&sort=latency~dsc&limit=1 i get: 

"metricValue": 25.176199

When checking in OCUM via url https://<ocum ip>/volumes/<volume id>/explorer  the latency chart shows 

and finally if i log into our netapp appliance and run the command

statistics volume show -volume <volume> -vserver <vserver>

i get the return 

*Total Read Write Other  
                                          Read  Write Latency
Volume   Vserver    Ops  Ops   Ops   Ops (Bps)  (Bps)    (us)
------ ---------- ------ ---- ----- ----- ----- ------ -------
<volume> <vserver>     13    0     6     6     0 186841   43582

as you can see these numbers are each wildly different...

I'm assuming the reason why the api  is different has to deal with the dateTimeRange=LAST_1h but i can't find any documentation on another possible option. 

I'm assuming the value we should take as the source of truth is the netapp appliance itself;

Can anyone let me know of a method to get all three of these sources to show accurate information?
Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

paul_stejskal

There are two different counter sources, volume and workload_volume. If you use qos statistics volume performance show -volume XXXXX -vserver XXXXX it should match. Volume is only at the WAFL level, but workload_volume (which AIQUM/OCUM use) is at the network layer (nblade) and WAFL layers. That may be your issue.

Also, the command could be having other issues (statistics volume show). As a workaround you could try nodeshell stats volume, then stats stop. If the output doesn't look right, please open a support case and we can identify the proper bug.

Thanks for your reply.  I am curious as to if there are different options for the datetimerange option for ocum api?

I'm thinking the reason why the api is reporting a different value is because it is choosing the highest value of the last hour, not the most recent / current value.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public