Cloud Volumes ONTAP

Different Connectors for Different Cloud Providers

SunilKM

While creating CVOs in cloud, do we need different connectors in each Cloud Provider to deploy CVOs?

Can we use a connector in AWS to create a CVO in Azure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

elementx

I don't think you can, that's why I provided the link, to highlight the part at the link that says:

> If you want to create a Cloud Volumes ONTAP system in Google Cloud, then you must have a Connector running in Google Cloud, as well. You can’t use a Connector that’s running in another location.

The only "exception" (not really an exception) would be to run a connector on-prem, and have your Azure CVO connected back to on-prem where your Connector for the Azure CVO is running.

At least that's how I understand the documentation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SunilKM

Thanks for the link.

What I can understand from here is we can use Connector in AWS to manager resources in Azure, but we need a separate connector in Google Cloud if we want to manage CVO in Google Cloud.

Could you share steps how we can create a CVO in Azure using connector in AWS?

elementx

I don't think you can, that's why I provided the link, to highlight the part at the link that says:

> If you want to create a Cloud Volumes ONTAP system in Google Cloud, then you must have a Connector running in Google Cloud, as well. You can’t use a Connector that’s running in another location.

The only "exception" (not really an exception) would be to run a connector on-prem, and have your Azure CVO connected back to on-prem where your Connector for the Azure CVO is running.

At least that's how I understand the documentation.

Public