Cloud Volumes ONTAP

Expand storage capacity for CVO

jimb32

We have a node-based BYOL license for a single node CVO. We are nearing our storage limit (368 TB) so purchased another license to add on. I was able to add the license and it shows as "Extra Capacity License". I assumed the storage capacity would then update but nothing has changed, other than the alert for nearing our storage limit has been cleared. Any documentation I've seen doesn't mention any steps other than applying the license to expand the storage capacity. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jimb32

thanks for the replies. I was able to add the license but what I was looking for is somewhere to see in Cloud Manager how much space I have allocated, how much is used and how much is available (I may not have been clear in my original post). I found out if I have capacity licenses then I  can see this information on the digital wallet page - or at least how much space is allocated. but since I have node licenses, it only shows me the number of nodes I'm licensed for. I opened a support case and Netapp support and found in this case I can't get this information in Cloud Manager. The only way is via CLI and running “aggr show” command .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aladd

Adding storage to your CVO instance should be done through OCCM:

https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/occm/task_managing_storage.html#managing-existing-aggregates

You can add additional disks to an existing CVO aggregate through the OCCM tool.

jsuarezs

Hello @jimb32.

Cloud Manager automatically obtains the new license from NetApp and installs it on the Cloud Volumes ONTAP system.

The process is already documented here: https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/occm/task_managing_licenses.html#obtain-a-system-license-file

Hope this helps!

Nothing is simple so be simpler.

jimb32

thanks for the replies. I was able to add the license but what I was looking for is somewhere to see in Cloud Manager how much space I have allocated, how much is used and how much is available (I may not have been clear in my original post). I found out if I have capacity licenses then I  can see this information on the digital wallet page - or at least how much space is allocated. but since I have node licenses, it only shows me the number of nodes I'm licensed for. I opened a support case and Netapp support and found in this case I can't get this information in Cloud Manager. The only way is via CLI and running “aggr show” command .

jsuarezs

I'm very glad you found the way @jimb32 !

Best,

Javi.

Nothing is simple so be simpler.
Public