Cloud Volumes ONTAP

Fabric Pool mirror into CTS?

tguntrip

Hi,

IHAC whose Fabric Pool term licence has expired. Because of imminent DC moves and company divestitures they don't wish to renew it. Also, the current data footprint is expected to reduce by 80% within 12 months due to a company split. They've 240TB FP licences currently in full use across two clusters.

Assuming they're on (or upgrade to) a suitable version of ONTAP, could they Fabric Pool mirror in the Cloud Tiering Service to take advantage of PAYG-style pricing on a monthly basis rather than fixed term one year commitment?

Thanks,

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tguntrip

Hi Ahmad,

The solution is far simpler than I expected - since CTS is effectively a wrapper around Fabric Pool the transition I've outlined can be achieved without even moving data; just a chat and onboarding to a different payment model via the CTS team.

No data movement, no mirroring, no changes to the on-premises configuration at all.

Brilliant.

Tony

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DannyTz

Hi Tony,

I read your question and I need some more details to give you an accurate answer. 

Would you like to drop me a line via email so we can schedule a chat?

Thanks,

Danny

tahmad

Hello @tguntrip ,

Was your question answered by @DannyTz , if yes, you mind sharing the solution.

tguntrip

Hi Ahmad,

The solution is far simpler than I expected - since CTS is effectively a wrapper around Fabric Pool the transition I've outlined can be achieved without even moving data; just a chat and onboarding to a different payment model via the CTS team.

No data movement, no mirroring, no changes to the on-premises configuration at all.

Brilliant.

Tony

tahmad

Thank you @tguntrip  for providing the solution

Public