This Quick Start reference deployment guide provides step-by-step instructions for deploying an environment with NetApp ONTAP Cloud and Microsoft SQL Server on the AWS Cloud.
NetApp data storage systems are used by enterprises that require complete control, efficiency, durability, and resiliency of their data. NetApp ONTAP Cloud is a software-only version of Data ONTAP, which is the data management operating system from NetApp that is used on physical NetApp storage appliances. With ONTAP Cloud, the operating system has been customized to run as an Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instance.
The features of ONTAP Cloud include:
- Storage efficiencies that enable you to use less underlying storage capacity for your data needs
- Instant backup and recovery for data of all sizes
- Space-efficient, intuitive, bi-directional data transfer
- Instant, writable data clones that consume no additional storage capacity
- Ability to use multiple protocols (NFS, CIFS, and iSCSI) from the same storage system, at the same time
With ONTAP Cloud on AWS, you can spin up a new enterprise-class data management system in minutes on the cloud. This Quick Start automatically sets up a SQL Server 2014 environment that receives its storage and enterprise-class data management capabilities from a NetApp ONTAP Cloud system running on AWS. The Quick Start uses NetAPP OnCommand Cloud Manager to deploy and configure ONTAP Cloud.
The Quick Start is for IT infrastructure architects, storage administrators, SQL DBAs, and DevOps professionals who are planning to deploy ONTAP Cloud with SQL Server 2014 on AWS.
This guide provides links to automated AWS CloudFormation templates that you can launch directly into your AWS account. You can modify the templates to suit your specific business requirements, or use them as is.
For more information, check here