Community Related Discussions

Not Receiving E-Mail Notifications On Subscribed Threads

darraghos

Hi, I have never received an e-mail notification for any threads I am subscribed to including ones I authored. As per my previous questions here I have verified all my settings. Is there a community support route to assist here? I don't see anywhere in my profile to update the actual e-mail address that I am using. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Drew_C

Thanks @donny_lang!

Hi @darraghos, sorry to hear you're having trouble with notifications. Let me get a ticket opened with our provider to see if they're getting any rejected email notifications. I'll also PM you the email address I have saved for you. If you need to change it, we can discuss in private.

Community Manager \\ NetApp

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

donny_lang

I summon the vast powers of @Drew_C to see if he can help you out with this! 🙂

Drew_C

Thanks @donny_lang!

Hi @darraghos, sorry to hear you're having trouble with notifications. Let me get a ticket opened with our provider to see if they're getting any rejected email notifications. I'll also PM you the email address I have saved for you. If you need to change it, we can discuss in private.

darraghos

Awesome! Thanks guys. 😁

darraghos

So our ISP/Mail provider  was dropping these! Resolved now. 

Drew_C

We made some changes too which will likely help others stuck in the same situation. Our provider reported no errors in the delivery of the PM I sent you. Hopefully the notification for the PM and one for this message are received.

Cheers!

israelmmi

Hi Drew.

Would you be so kind as to test a reply from here, so that I can see if I get a notification?

Thanks!

Drew_C
Sure! Let’s hope this works!

israelmmi

Awesome! Dru, thanks a million!

[email sig details removed by admin]

darraghos

I wonder should it be posted in an FAQ or the like? 

Drew_C

This specific problem is [should be] resolved for everyone now. I had a DNS A Record created for noreply-community.netapp.com

We also set up a system to redirect requests to that URL to the main community site.

I've got plans to compile a community FAQ and just haven't gotten that far yet. Including tips for subscriptions is a good idea.

Public