Data Backup and Recovery

Orphaned datastores in vCenter ("vmdk_sqlnap")

alliantenergynjk

Not sure if this is a SnapDrive problem, SMSQL problem, VSC problem, or SMSP problem.  I think it is SnapDrive...

We recently upgraded the various SnapManager products and SnapDrive to allow us to upgrade to vCenter 5.0 U1.  Here is what we currently have:

vCenter 5.0 U1

VSC 4.1

SnapDrive 6.4.2

SnapManager SQL 6.0

SnapManager SharePoint 6.0 with Agent Patch 3 which supports SMSQL 6.0

NFS volumes in vCenter

According to the Compatibility Matrix, these are all supported.

Whenever a SnapManager for SharePoint job finishes, it leaves orphanded datastores in vCenter - one on each SP SQL server.  This used to happen once every 2 or so weeks randomly for one or two servers and I just lived with it,  Now it is doing it every night in all three envrionments and I have cleanup 7 orphans every morning.  This started happening after the upgrade.

The names of the datastores are something like this:

OriginalDSName (Backup vmdk_sqlsnap__sqlservername_12-07-2012_10.21.56)

I also get these errors in SMSQL logs which Google found no hits for:

Dismounting LUN C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SQL Server\SnapMgrMountPoint\MPDisk001\ of SnapShot [smsql snapshot]...

SnapDrive operation to dismount LUN in snapshot copy failed. SnapDrive error code: 0xc0041071

SnapDrive operation to dismount LUN in snapshot copy failed. SnapDrive error code: 0xc0041085

[SnapDrive Error]: Unable to locate a LUN to perform requested operation.

(SnapDrive Error Code: 0xc0041085)

Re-trying to force dismounting LUN...

SnapDrive operation to force dismount LUN in snapshot copy  failed. SnapDrive error code: 0xc0041085

[SnapDrive Error]: The LUN may not be connected, because its mount point cannot be found.

(SnapDrive Error Code: 0xc0041085)

Unknown Error, Error Code: 0xc0041085

Does anyone know how to prevent this?  Is there a setting I need to enable or a hotfix to install?

Nelson

19 REPLIES 19
Public