Data Backup and Recovery

Application unquiesce failling on Lotus Domino

tom_taelman

I have a issue with SnapCreator 3.6 and the Lotus Domino plugin.

Since a couple of days I'm having the following error:

########## Application unquiesce ##########

[Fri Jun 28 17:57:57 2013] [10.10.21.176:9191(3.6.0.1)] INFO: UnQuiescing databases

[Fri Jun 28 18:01:41 2013] [10.10.21.176:9191(3.6.0.1)] ERROR: [ltd-00003] Unquiescing databases finished with errors

[Fri Jun 28 18:02:08 2013] [10.10.21.176:9191(3.6.0.1)] ERROR: [scf-00054] Application unquiesce for plugin domino failed with exit code 1, Exiting!

########## Application unquiesce ##########

[Fri Jun 28 18:01:41 2013] [10.10.21.176:9191(3.6.0.1)] ERROR: [agt-00008] Either no quiesce operation performed or forced unquiesce operation already triggered from watchdog, backup might not be useable

[Fri Jun 28 18:02:09 2013] ERROR: Forced unquiesced possibly triggered from watchdog

[Fri Jun 28 18:02:09 2013] ERROR: [scf-00054] Application unquiesce for plugin domino failed with exit code 100, Exiting!

After a reboot of the domino server, the problem still exist.

Quiesce is no problem.

Can some help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

spinks

Tom,

Do you have sufficient free space in your changeinfo directory [N:\changeinfo] to write these files?

Both .info files and .txn files are written to this directory.

The plug-in is reaching the jbacanim.nsf database in the log you provided, is unable to write the changeinfo file, and exits.

If you don't have APP_IGNORE_ERROR set to Y you may want to do so.

This should allow the plug-in to continue in this case and complete with errors.

The error you originally described is occurring because the error occurs in the application unquiesce process.

To make sure that Domino is running properly, when an error is encountered we force an unquiesce.

In this case it doesn't work because the unquiesce has already occurred.

So issue the unable to write info file - the question is why.

It isn't permissions because other .info files were successfully created, so the next best guess that have is there is not available free space.

The .info files are usually pretty small (kbs in size) as they hold information on the changes to the database between the backup start and the backup stop.

Please let us know!

Thanks,

John

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

spinks

Tom,

What is your agent timeout setting?

How long is the entire backup job running for?

You may be hitting a timeout issue where you have enough time to complete all quiesce steps, but not quite enough time to complete all unquiesce steps.

I'd also suggest disabling the watchdog.

You'll also need the check the snap creator agent directory for the presence of a .lck file - delete it if you have it.

The debug log would help give us more information.

Thanks!

John

tom_taelman

HI John,

Timeout settings are 900sec

The job is only taking 2 minutes

So from my point of view, I don't think that it has something to see with the timeout setting.

I also could not find any .lck file.

In the debug log, I found following error:

Change info file opened:N:\changeinfo\BED00005-daily_20130701091413/_Mail_jazou.nsf.info

Backup Ended:D:\Lotus\Domino\Data\Mail\jazou.nsf

Recording Stopped:D:\Lotus\Domino\Data\Mail\jbacanim.nsf

Error: unable to open file 'N:\changeinfo\BED00005-daily_20130701091413/_Mail_jbacanim.nsf.info', for path '\Mail\jbacanim.nsf'.

Error Recording change infoStopping backup for DB:D:\Lotus\Domino\Data\acladmin1_1.nsf

Closing DB:D:\Lotus\Domino\Data\acladmin1_1.nsf

In attachment, you could find the complete debug log.

Could this help?

spinks

Tom,

Do you have sufficient free space in your changeinfo directory [N:\changeinfo] to write these files?

Both .info files and .txn files are written to this directory.

The plug-in is reaching the jbacanim.nsf database in the log you provided, is unable to write the changeinfo file, and exits.

If you don't have APP_IGNORE_ERROR set to Y you may want to do so.

This should allow the plug-in to continue in this case and complete with errors.

The error you originally described is occurring because the error occurs in the application unquiesce process.

To make sure that Domino is running properly, when an error is encountered we force an unquiesce.

In this case it doesn't work because the unquiesce has already occurred.

So issue the unable to write info file - the question is why.

It isn't permissions because other .info files were successfully created, so the next best guess that have is there is not available free space.

The .info files are usually pretty small (kbs in size) as they hold information on the changes to the database between the backup start and the backup stop.

Please let us know!

Thanks,

John

tom_taelman

Hi John,

Thanks for your remark about the changinfo directory.

The drive was full. Somebody used it as temp directory.

Public