Data Backup and Recovery

Customer planning to use SnapCreator with Lotus Domino and SnapDrive for HP-UX

biescas

Hi,

Would anybody be able to help with the request below from one of our Partners?

Customer planning to use SnapCreator with Lotus Domino and SnapDrive for HP-UX

The customer wants to use Windows 2012R2 for the Lotus Domino Server.

Looking at the Interop Matrix I see two problems:

• Snapcreator currently doesn’t support Windows 2012 so I assume nor is Windows 2012R2

• Snapdrive for HP-UX doesn’t support OnTap 8.2.x

Do we have a roadmap that indicates when or if these items will be supported?

Thanks,

17 REPLIES 17

spinks

Hi,

I'm guessing these are two different requests - One for Snap Creator and one for SnapDrive?

Snap Creator 4.1, expected to release in January, will support Windows 2012.  4.1 will also support Data ONTAP 8.2.

The community release is available now on www.snapcreator.com.

The community release is an open beta - it is not a supported release, but it has most of the features and functions that the supported release will have.

Please be aware that only Domino 8.5.3 FP4 and Domino 9 support Windows 2012.

Snap Creator 4.1 will also support Domino 9.

I don't have any feedback on HP-UX and SnapDrive with ONTAP 8.2 - We'll have to find someone in the SnapDrive group to answer that query.

I'll send an email out about this, but the next two days are holidays in the US and I may not get a response until next week.

Hope this helps,

John

biescas

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.  Just one more question that I forgot to clarify ...

Will SnapCreator 4.1 be supported on both 7-Mode and cDOT or just cDOT?

Thanks,

Elias

ktenzer

Snap Creator has supported both Ontap cmode and 7mode since the 4.0 version.

Snap Creator 4.1 will support Ontap cmode 8.2 in addition

Keith

biescas

Hi Keith,

Just to make sure I understand correctly ...

SnapCreator 4.1 is/will be supported on 7 mode despite the fact that we have stopped any development for 7 mode?

I need to clarify as my customer is currently running on 7 mode.

Thanks,

Elias

spinks

Snap Creator 4.1 absolutely supports 7 mode and Clustered Data ONTAP.

biescas

Hi,

You mentioned on your reply that SnapCreator 4.1 will support Windows 2012.

My Partner wants me to confirm if support will also include Windows 2012 R2.  Will R2 be supported ?

Thanks,

Elias

spinks

I'm not 100% certain on this and have emailed someone on our team to get the answer. 

Will update the thread once I get a reply.

Thanks,

John

spinks

Confirmed - Snap Creator 4.1 will support Windows 2012 R2.

The IMT will be updated once Snap Creator 4.1 is released in early January.

The community release is avialable now on www.snapcreator.com

We're still trying to find the right person to ask about SnapDrive for UNIX & HP-UX.

Thanks,

John

IANREIDMALLEUS

Hi John,

Any update or ETA on the release of Snapcreator 4.1 for production environments supporting Windows 2012 R2 ?

Thanks,

Ian

spinks

Ian,

Snap Creator 4.1 is expected to be released tomorrow.

We'll be posting a blog and updating the community once the software is available.

Thanks!

John

IANREIDMALLEUS

Hi John,

Thanks for the update regarding the Snapcreator 4.1 release.

Regards,

Ian

spinks

Ian,

Sadly we just postponed the release slightly due to a bug we just identified. (decided in the last hour)

This will delay the release and we are not sure of the new date at this time. 

Hopefully it will be next week instead of tomorrow as the bug has already been fixed.

Please comment on the other thread if you have questions about the delay or send me an email at spinks at netapp dot com.

We know this decisions may impact you and we are very sorry!

John

IANREIDMALLEUS

John,

Thanks for the update on the delay for Snapcreator 4.1 release.

If a revised date for the release of the fixed version can be advised as soon as possible to assist on timescales.

Thanks,

Ian

IANREIDMALLEUS

Hi John,

I understand that Snapcreator 4.1 is scheduled for release on the 23rd January if testing of the revised code is successful.

Is there any update on this planned release date or is still the expected date for delivery at the moment ?

Thanks,

Ian

spinks

Ian,

This is indeed the plan - We are on track to submit the software this Thursday for posting.

There is a one week lag time, so submitting it by this Thursday will have the software posted next Thursday.

If anything changes we will certainly update the community, but so far all indications are that we will be sticking to this plan.

Thanks,

John

IANREIDMALLEUS

John,

Thanks for the update on Snapcreator 4.1  confirming scheduled release on the 23rd Jan.

Regards,

Ian

patro

Hi,

>> Snapcreator currently doesn’t support Windows 2012 so I assume nor is Windows 2012R2

Hari :- Win 2012/Win 2012 R2 will be supported from SC 4.1 onwards.SC 4.1 will get released somewhere around Jan 2nd week 2014.

>> Snapdrive for HP-UX doesn’t support OnTap 8.2.x

Hari :- Snapdrive for HP-UX is right now not supported . I will check this with SnapDrive Unix  team and confirm at the earliest

Regards

Hari

Public