Data Backup and Recovery

During SnapCenter 4.4P1 installation failed to "SET PASSWORD: Exception: Can't connect to MySQL serv

jagadeec

Hello,

During SC 4.4P1 installation, SC package installation was successful and in later step MySQL installation also successful however, it is filed to "SET PASSWORD: Exception: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061):
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:3306" and rolled back the installation.

Port 3306 is opened on the server, I have tested by installing the MySQL separately on the server and it was installed successfully. But when it come during SC installation, fails with the above error. I have attached the installation log for your reference.

any clue on the issue here.?

5 REPLIES 5

NTAp-AVS

1) Is this a fresh install or an upgrade from a previous version? 

2) Are there any other error messages reported in the Application/System Event Logs? 

3) Please check if you have any Anti-Virus installed on the system? If you do , I would remove it completely, restart the host and try the installation again.

jagadeec

Its a fresh installation on windows 2016.

I do not see any errors in app/event log.

I have tried stopping the AV (Trend Micro OfficeScan Agent) services , but no luck got the same error.

Let me check with the customer if he can remove the AV completely and reboot the system and try installing the SC.

NTAp-AVS

Stopping the services of AV wont work, as you have a filter driver that gets loaded always. The only way is to remove the software completely and then try the installation

tahmad

hello @jagadeec 

can you share your resolution for the issue

biks

Hello all,

Someone have fixed the issue or not ??

I still have the same error as you : 08-09-2023 10:22:48 Install MySQL Server.Log:: ERROR: SET PASSWORD: Exception: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061):
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:3306
08-09-2023 10:22:48 Install MySQL Server.Log:: ERROR: SET PASSWORD: Failed.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Public