Data Backup and Recovery

Export/Import SnapCenter Resource Groups to New vCenter

TMADOCTHOMAS

First, some background: we are currently on vCenter 6.0U3d and we use SnapCenter Plug-In for vCenter 4.3 for backups. We are going to stand up a new vCenter 6.7U3 environment, move the ESX hosts to the new environment, and eventually upgrade them to 6.7U3 as well.

I know I will need a new SnapCenter Plug-In for vCenter 4.3 VM to point to the new vCenter 6.7U3 environment. My question is: can I export all of the Resource Groups (i.e. backup jobs) in the existing vCenter and import them into the new vCenter? I don't see any option in the GUI but am wondering if there's a "behind the scenes" method that should work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hmoubara

Hello 

You should be able to use the migrate command from the snapcenter server. If you try to do it from the server with the plugin; it will give an error. Below is the command you would need to run from PowerShell:

invoke-SCVOVAMigration -SourceSCVHost old-SCV-host-IP -DestinationSCVOVAHost new-appliance-IP -OVACredential appliance-credentials -ByPassValidationCheck -ContinueMigrationOnStorageError - 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hmoubara

Hello 

You should be able to use the migrate command from the snapcenter server. If you try to do it from the server with the plugin; it will give an error. Below is the command you would need to run from PowerShell:

invoke-SCVOVAMigration -SourceSCVHost old-SCV-host-IP -DestinationSCVOVAHost new-appliance-IP -OVACredential appliance-credentials -ByPassValidationCheck -ContinueMigrationOnStorageError - 

TMADOCTHOMAS

Wow @hmoubara that is great, exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much.

Public