Data Backup and Recovery

File system plug-in not defined

ANDREAS_JANKOWIAK

Dear forum members,

I've a question regarding Snapcrator / Snapdrive implementation within a FCP Linux environment.

I've configured snapcreator with snapdrive (NTAP_SNAPSHOT_CREATE_CMD01=/opt/NetApp/snapdrive/bin/snapdrive snap create -vg <VGNAME> -snapname %SNAME-%SNAP_TYPE_recent

In the SC log file I have an entry like:

########## Snapshot copy Rename finished successfully ! ##########

########## File system plug-in not defined. Skipping file system quiesce ##########

########## SNAPSHOT CREATE COMMANDS ##########

INFO: [<hostname>:9090 (4.1.1.1)] Executing Snapshot create  command [/opt/NetApp/snapdrive/bin/snapdrive snap create....

Does it mean that the ext3 file system buffer is not synced when creating the snapshot ?   I thought that snapdrive is responsible for it, or what is the purpose of the "file system plug-in" ?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

spinks

Andreas,

As part of Snap Creator's roadmap we have been looking at providing or using file system plugins as opposed to requiring Snapshot create commands.

For example, a SnapDrive for UNIX type plugin could be used that would natively handle file system level consistency as opposed to requiring you to call the Snapshot create commands.

This would provide discovery functions as well as file system consistency.

Today this just means that you aren't using a file system plugin - you can't as they aren't publicly available at this time.

SnapDrive is handling the ext3 file system for you via the Snapshot create command.

Hope this answers the question.

John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

spinks

Andreas,

As part of Snap Creator's roadmap we have been looking at providing or using file system plugins as opposed to requiring Snapshot create commands.

For example, a SnapDrive for UNIX type plugin could be used that would natively handle file system level consistency as opposed to requiring you to call the Snapshot create commands.

This would provide discovery functions as well as file system consistency.

Today this just means that you aren't using a file system plugin - you can't as they aren't publicly available at this time.

SnapDrive is handling the ext3 file system for you via the Snapshot create command.

Hope this answers the question.

John

ANDREAS_JANKOWIAK

Hello John,

exactly what I wanted to know ;o)

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Andreas

Public