Data Backup and Recovery

Newbie questions

keitha

Hi Guys,

Some newbie questions here...

1. Using SC to protect a simple CIFS share with Snaps and a SV relationship. When configuring, at the agent step I should just select none right?

2. I haven't had a change to try 3.6 out yet, does anyone know if the Mount feature is for the local storage snaps only or will it mount snaps from the SnapVault location as well?

3. Using the VMware agent and everything seems fine but I am getting 3 copies of every datastore in the configuration window. Bug or conf error?

4. How do I change the user credentials of a NetApp controller in an existing configuration? Seems I can change the user name but can't see how to change the password.

I should upgrade to 3.6 as this may clear some things up.

Cheers and thanks

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Arora_Kapil

Hi,

1) If you are not using any applications plug-ins, you don't need an Agent.

2) I will let someone else answer that for you.

3) Yes it is a bug, its fixed in 3.6. Actually it is listing Datastores for all ESX servers in the vCenter.

4) If you double click on the password, you should be able to update it. Don't forget to press the save button on top-right corner after making the change.

Thanks,

Kapil

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Arora_Kapil

Hi,

1) If you are not using any applications plug-ins, you don't need an Agent.

2) I will let someone else answer that for you.

3) Yes it is a bug, its fixed in 3.6. Actually it is listing Datastores for all ESX servers in the vCenter.

4) If you double click on the password, you should be able to update it. Don't forget to press the save button on top-right corner after making the change.

Thanks,

Kapil

keitha

Thanks!

ktenzer

Hi Keith,

I can answer question 2

2. I haven't had a change to try 3.6 out yet, does anyone know if the Mount feature is for the local storage snaps only or will it mount snaps from the SnapVault location as well?

Yes you can mount and umount snapshots on primary or secondary. For secondary you have to create a separate config and point SC at secondary volume. SC will clone a snapshot and either export it (NFS) or map igroups (LUN). After this you simply need to go into vCenter and do a rescan / import datastore.

Regards,

Keith

keitha

Thanks Keith! Thats great.

Public