Data Backup and Recovery

SM SQL Command line power shell - how to integrate with Perl?

GEEKEGIRL

I want to write a perl script to scrape the get-backup output to report on basic backup information.  (No I don't want to use the GUI for lots of reasons).

How do you interface with the Power Shell from a DOS prompt?  If I can run the commands from a DOS prompt I can run the commands with Perl.

What I'm ultimately trying to do is gather information about the backups, send an SNMP trap to our monitoring system if it fails and upload the information to a centralized reporting database.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

GEEKEGIRL

Answering my own question.

c:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SQL Server>C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPo

werShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -psconsolefile "c:\program files\netapp\snapmanager

for sql server\SmsqlShell.psc1" -command get-backup -server <SERVER> -INST <INSTANCE>

abhisek

This is correct.

-Abhishek

abhisek

Hi ,

SnapManager 5.1 supports the new SnapManager command-line functionality called cmdlet, through SnapManager PowerShell.

This SnapManager commandline interface enables you to execute the following operations:

◆ new-backup

◆ verify-backup

◆ restore-backup

◆ get-backup

◆ delete-backup

◆ clone-database

◆ clone-backup

◆ delete-clone

◆ import-config

◆ export-config

Also make sure to Enter the command get-executionpolicy in PowerShell.

If the policy displayed is “Allsigned” or “Restricted”, enter any of the following commands:

set-executionpolicy unrestricted

or

set-executionpolicy remotesigned

Add-PSSnapin NetApp.SnapManager.SQL.PS.Admin -ErrorAction silentlycontinue can be specified in the script.

Regards,

Abhishek

Public