Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCreator Powershell Toolkit - Can't connect to SC server

JOHNGARRETT

Sorry if this is the wrong space for this question, so feel free to direct me to the correct place.

When attempting to connect to the snap creator server either remotely or on the local host, I get the following output:

PS C:\pss> Connect-ScServer -Port 8443 -Credential (Get-Credential)

cmdlet Get-Credential at command pipeline position 1

Supply values for the following parameters:

Connect-ScServer : The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine

At line:1 char:1

+ Connect-ScServer -Port 8443 -Credential (Get-Credential)

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (localhost:ScServer) [Connect-ScServer], CommunicationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : HttpConnectionFailed,NetApp.SnapCreatorPS.Server.Cmdlets.ConnectScServer

I'm not sure what the issue is, as I'm following the help file's recommended format. Any thoughts as to what the protocol violation is that the error refers to?

Note that this is SC toolkit version 4.1.7.0 with SnapCreator version 4.1P1.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

sivar

Hello John,

Could you please try supplying the hostname (or IP Address) of the Snap Creator server as well?

Connect-ScServer -Name 10.10.10.1 -Port 8443 -Credential (Get-Credential)

Are you able to access the GUI from the same server where you are executing the PS commands?

Just want to make sure that the https communication to the snapcraetor is not blocked by firewall or other tools.

Thanks,
Siva Ramanathan

JOHNGARRETT

Thanks for the reply, Siva. Same results:

PS C:\pss> Connect-ScServer -Name 192.168.223.61 -Port 8443 -Credential (Get-Credential)

cmdlet Get-Credential at command pipeline position 1

Supply values for the following parameters:

Connect-ScServer : The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine

At line:1 char:1

+ Connect-ScServer -Name 192.168.223.61 -Port 8443 -Credential (Get-Credential)

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (192.168.223.61:ScServer) [Connect-ScServer], CommunicationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : HttpConnectionFailed,NetApp.SnapCreatorPS.Server.Cmdlets.ConnectScServer

Public