We use four Linux servers, with SLES 11 SP4, in our backup environment.Two servers are connected via FC with two E2700s (FW 8.40.30.03).The two other servers are connected via FC with two E2800 (FW 11.50).Our problem: Not all LUN's are recognized by the built-in HBA's.Despite restarting all the systems, the driver and the FW of the HBA's update remains at the problem.
We've reviewed zoning several times, including OnCommand Insight.This is fine.It can not be the LUN mapping, nothing has changed.The problem arose after the storage systems were restarted due to the FW update.
@Zubrania: No, we still have the problem. In the meantime, we tried to solve it with NetApp 1st and 2nd Level Support, without success.The zoning we have already checked several times, there everything is okay.We have also checked the settings on the part of the Linux server and adjusted according to specifications of NetApp, no solution to the problem.
The issue is solved. There was a configuration error in our multipath.conf: A regular expression for matching the first SCSI-Device "sda" was also matching the devices "sdaa", "sdab", "sdac" and so on.