EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

Restore snapshot must need server restart?

lywwing

Hi Guys,

As subject ask.

My box info. as below.

SANtricity System Manager v11.70.1R1
NetApp E2824 Storage
1.8TB SAS SED x 13 (RAID 6 +HS)

Regards

Thanks...KEN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ahmadm

Once the snapshot rollback process is kicked off, the base volume should be immediately available for read/write operations using the rolled-back content. There is no need to wait for the rollback process to complete in order to access the rolled back content.

Depending on the host type, you might need to unmount/re-mount the associated file system, but it shouldn't require a full reboot.

From the E-Series array, the old content should be immediately available even during the rollback process, so in case you do not see the old content right away, then a rescan and remount or a reboot should accomplish the same from a host perspective.

Useful resources:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ahmadm

Once the snapshot rollback process is kicked off, the base volume should be immediately available for read/write operations using the rolled-back content. There is no need to wait for the rollback process to complete in order to access the rolled back content.

Depending on the host type, you might need to unmount/re-mount the associated file system, but it shouldn't require a full reboot.

From the E-Series array, the old content should be immediately available even during the rollback process, so in case you do not see the old content right away, then a rescan and remount or a reboot should accomplish the same from a host perspective.

Useful resources:

lywwing

Hi ahmadm,

I am new to NetApp, I am using WS2019 with NTFS, it seem need restart server, then the snapshot would take effective. Tried offline and online of the disk, but no help.

Regards

Thanks...KEN

lywwing

Oh...Interestingly I am talking a robot, hope someday later, I don't know I am talking to a robot to reply my question...

Public