EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

What is the latest supported firmware for NetApp E2824 supporting Openstack Rocky (incl cinder) ?

TomSebreghts

Hi,

What is the latest supported firmware for NetApp E2824 supporting Openstack Rocky (incl cinder) ?
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ahmadm

Hi,

I received some feedback from our E-Series engineering team. The last fully tested E-Series software with Openstack is 11.50.x. 

There aren't currently any plans to test newer version of E-Series software with OpenStack.

If you are looking for further guidance on this solution and potential software upgrades, I suggest you reach out to your NetApp account representative. They may be able offer some product variance certification for your specific environment and use case.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ahmadm

I don't believe we have a specific version or matrix for the last version of SANtricity OS that was compatible with OpenStack Rocky.

The OpenStack Rocky matrix lists out the various functions that are supported on E-Series platform. The matrix was updated in October 2020 which was around the time of the latest SANtricity OS release (November).

https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/rocky/reference/support-matrix.html

Additional Reference Data: https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/rocky/configuration/block-storage/drivers/netapp-volume-driver.html#netapp-e-series-storage-family

What is  the current version of SANtricity OS you are running?

TomSebreghts

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Currently we are running 11.40.5 and 11.50.x. 11.50 is seen to work fine with Rocky.

We have seen there is also a 11.603R2 and a 11.70R2 ; hence we wonder whether we should move up to 11.70R2 or whether this release is no longer compatible/tested with Openstack Rocky / incl cinder.

Thanks!

ahmadm

Hi,

I don't believe we test OpenStack integration in our QA labs, but at the same time I don't believe 11.60/11.70 releases would suddenly break it.

I am inquiring internally with E-Series engineering resources if they have had experience with OpenStack Rocky on those releases.

I will get back to you with a response sometime this week. 

ahmadm

Hi,

I received some feedback from our E-Series engineering team. The last fully tested E-Series software with Openstack is 11.50.x. 

There aren't currently any plans to test newer version of E-Series software with OpenStack.

If you are looking for further guidance on this solution and potential software upgrades, I suggest you reach out to your NetApp account representative. They may be able offer some product variance certification for your specific environment and use case.

Public