FlexPod Discussions

Flexpod and degraded speeds on LACP configuration

ThePoster

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing some odd transfer speeds on my SAN.

Quick background, I am running a single core nexus 3064 10gb, which connects to 2x cisco UCS hosts running vmware, which connect to 2 isolated 3064 10gb which then connect to a FAS2552 (see attached image)

When i test speeds between devices i get the following results:

vm on ucs1 local disk --> lun ::: this starts around 1.2GBps transfer speeds and drops after seconds and fluctuates between 80 & 250MBps

vm on ucs2 local disk --> lun ::: this starts around 1.2GBps and lasts ~twice as long as ucs1 then fluctuates betweeen 50 & 60MBps

vm on ucs2 lun --> lun attached to ucs1 ::: starts around 300MBps and fluctuates between 50 & 60MBps

vm on ucs2 lun --> lun attached to the same server, but presented as a different drive, starts at 300 and drops to 50-60mbps

simple copy and pasting file into the excat same location eg e:\test.txt to e:\test_copy.txt starts at 200, drops to 100-160mbps.

There is definitely something wrong here i just cant put my finger on it will all the device involved in a flexpod solution.

Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

James

san.png

3 REPLIES 3

mharding

James, have you solved your problem yet?  Obvioulsy if you have a serious problem impacting your production enviroment you should contact our support team.   Otherwise, I have sent a note around the product team here to see how we can help with related config info.  

mharding

Here's some advice from the team:  take a look at this design guide:  http://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4331.pdf

It's a recent FlexPod implementation guide with what they think are relevant details on configuration, which may help with your issue.  

ThePoster

Thanks mharding, just the documenation i was looking for.

Will read and let you know how i go

James

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public