Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Any plans to support for certificate based authentication for the powershell toolkit

STEVEWILLSQ

As per the title, one my customers has queried if there are any plans for connect-nccontroller to allow certificiate based authentication from the credential cache so we could use 

PS> $cert = Get-Credential

PS> connect-nccontroller <controller. -Credential $cred -HTTPS

I know the underlying NMSDK allows this.

1 REPLY 1

donny_lang

You might be able to use the CredentialManager module (available in the PSGallery at https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/CredentialManager/2.0) to accomplish this. Something like:

$creds = Get-StoredCredential <name of certificate-based cred in the Windows Credential Manager> 

Connect-NcController <controller> -Credential $creds -HTTPS 

I have not tested this to see if it would actually work, but it might lead you down the right path. Hope that helps!

Donny

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public