Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Basic PS Toolkit module access

korns

I've had this working on other systems in the past but I can't get anything working today. This is on a relatively new NetApp IT corp image of Win7 (for Mac OS X under Fusion). I pulled the NetApp PS Toolkit today so whatever version that was is what I installed. I used the .msi kit and the installation seemed clean. Below I'm showing my PSModulePath which looks correct but modules are not being found/recognized. What am I doing wrong?

PS C:\Users\korns\Documents> $env:PSModulePath

C:\Users\korns\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit\;C:\Prog

ram Files (x86)\NetApp, Inc\NetAppDocs PowerShell Module\;C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\

PS C:\Users\korns\Documents> dir 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit\'

Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit

Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name

----                -------------     ------ ----

d----         7/15/2013  10:51 AM            DataONTAP

PS C:\Users\korns\Documents> dir 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit\DataONTAP'

Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit\DataONTAP

Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name

----                -------------     ------ ----

d----         7/15/2013  10:51 AM            en-US

d----         7/15/2013  10:51 AM            webhelp

d----         7/15/2013  10:51 AM            webhelp.C

... blah ... blah ... blah

-a---          7/3/2010   4:26 AM      28160 SharpSnmpLib.Controls.dll

-a---          7/3/2010   4:26 AM      82944 SharpSnmpLib.dll

PS C:\Users\korns\Documents> show-nahelp

The term 'show-nahelp' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the

spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At line:1 char:12

+ show-nahelp <<<<

+ CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (show-nahelp:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\Users\korns\Documents> Connect-NcController

The term 'Connect-NcController' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At line:1 char:21

+ Connect-NcController <<<<

+ CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Connect-NcController:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\Users\korns\Documents>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinith

Here's a ScreenCap of the same from PowerShell Prompt

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bsti

Did you import the module using import-module dataontap first? Unless you are running powershell 3, this is not automatic.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

vinith

Here's a ScreenCap of the same from PowerShell Prompt

korns

Ah, no I had not done the import-module. That was the nudge I needed. Thanks !!!

Public