Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Bulk SM relationsship creation with Powershell ?

taner_sagcan

Hi there!

Has anyone experience with creation of Snapmirror Relationsships in bulk, i talk about more than 50....

I think about to create a txt oder csv file where SourceVOL and DestVOL is entered and the cmdlet reads each row/column and create the relationship beetween the 2 Controllers.

Any ideas or sample script are welcome.

Thx

taner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinith

Hi Taner,

DataOntap Toolkit has a cmdlet called Invoke-NaSnapmirrorInitialize which helps in creation of snapmirror relationship between source controller volume and destination controller volume.

To Get detailed information about the cmdlet you can run

Get-Help Invoke-NaSnapmirrorInitialize -Detailed

In order to scriptize the snapmirror relationship you can try something like below, create a csv file with entries as below specifying the destination/source volume and controller name.

DestinationControllerDestinationVolumeNameSourceController SourceVolumeName
bensonbenvol1dunndunvol1
bensonbenvol2dunndunvol2
bensonbenvol3dunndunvol3
bensonbenvol4dunndunvol4
bensonbenvol5dunndunvol5
bensonbenvol6dunndunvol6
bensonbenvol7dunndunvol7
bensonbenvol8dunndunvol8
bensonbenvol9dunndunvol9
bensonbenvol10dunndunvol10
bensonbenvol11dunndunvol11
bensonbenvol12dunndunvol12
bensonbenvol13dunndunvol13

Then through your powershell prompt, import the csv and feed it to Invoke-NaSnapmirrorInitialize to iterate though the csv and create snapmirror relationships for each destination and source volume

PS C:\> $snapinfo = Import-Csv C:\Users\vinith\Desktop\snapinfo.csv

PS C:\> $snapinfo | ForEach-Object {Invoke-NaSnapmirrorInitialize '$_.destinationcontroller:$_.destinationvolumename' '$_.sourcecontroller:$_.sourcevolumename' }

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

vinith

Hi Taner,

DataOntap Toolkit has a cmdlet called Invoke-NaSnapmirrorInitialize which helps in creation of snapmirror relationship between source controller volume and destination controller volume.

To Get detailed information about the cmdlet you can run

Get-Help Invoke-NaSnapmirrorInitialize -Detailed

In order to scriptize the snapmirror relationship you can try something like below, create a csv file with entries as below specifying the destination/source volume and controller name.

DestinationControllerDestinationVolumeNameSourceController SourceVolumeName
bensonbenvol1dunndunvol1
bensonbenvol2dunndunvol2
bensonbenvol3dunndunvol3
bensonbenvol4dunndunvol4
bensonbenvol5dunndunvol5
bensonbenvol6dunndunvol6
bensonbenvol7dunndunvol7
bensonbenvol8dunndunvol8
bensonbenvol9dunndunvol9
bensonbenvol10dunndunvol10
bensonbenvol11dunndunvol11
bensonbenvol12dunndunvol12
bensonbenvol13dunndunvol13

Then through your powershell prompt, import the csv and feed it to Invoke-NaSnapmirrorInitialize to iterate though the csv and create snapmirror relationships for each destination and source volume

PS C:\> $snapinfo = Import-Csv C:\Users\vinith\Desktop\snapinfo.csv

PS C:\> $snapinfo | ForEach-Object {Invoke-NaSnapmirrorInitialize '$_.destinationcontroller:$_.destinationvolumename' '$_.sourcecontroller:$_.sourcevolumename' }

View solution in original post

rdenyer001

Hi Vinith,

I am very new to Power Shell scripting  aand would like to know in your example  do the  destination  volume have to exist  for this  to work ?

If they do, what would the script look like to create the new destination volumes  ?

Regards,

Richard

taner_sagcan

HI Vinith!

Perfect and thank you ! thats what i Need!

br taner

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public