- I have a six node cDOT 8.2P3 cluster
- I have a Vserver (SVM) running CIFS
- This SVM has six LIFs and all of them are configured for both data and management access
- There is a FlexVol in this SVM shared out with an SMB3 CA CIFS share
- I have a two-node Hyper-V 2012 cluster that can successfully connect to this CIFS share to store and run VMs on it
- I have the Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit v22.214.171.124 installed on the Hyper-V nodes
I want to create a new VHDX file on this CIFS share by using the "New-NcVirtualDisk" cmdlet from one of the Hyper-V nodes, but I .
Here's what I've tried doing:
# Connect directly to the Vserver (SVM)
PS C:\> $conn = Connect-NcController -Name melfvsn1 -Credential vsadmin
# Print out the $conn variable to check
PS C:\> $conn
Name Address Vserver Version
---- ------- ------- -------
melfvsn1 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx MELFVSN1 NetApp Release 8.2P3 Cluster-Mode: Thu Sep 12 01:13:07 PDT 2013
# Now create a new VHDX file on a CIFS share that is hosted by this Vserver (SVM)
PS C:\> New-NcVirtualDisk -FullName \\melfvsn1\hv1\newdisk.vhdx -Size 200g -Vhdx -Controller $conn
I get this error:
New-NcVirtualDisk : Could not find file \\melfvsn1\hv1\newdisk.vhdx on NetApp.
At line:1 char:1
+ New-NcVirtualDisk -FullName \\melfvsn1\hv1\newdisk.vhdx -Size 200g -Vhdx -Contro ...
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [New-NaVirtualDisk], ArgumentException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.HyperV.NewNaVirtualDisk
What am I doing wrong?
I've tried making a connection to the Cluster rather than the Vserver, but that didn't help. I tried using just IP addresses but that didn't work...