Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Cannot Connect to Controller

cgeck0000

I am trying to connect to our NetApp with Powershell and get the following error message.  I took out the IP address and also tried with the hostname.  I am not sure if it is a file issue or RPC connection issue.  Any pointing in a troubleshooting direction would help.

Connect-NaController : Could not find file 'C:\Users\geckc\AppData\Local\Temp\2\vt9xuxef.dll'.

At line:1 char:21

+ connect-nacontroller <<<<  10.??.?.??

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (10.??.?.??:NaController) [Connect-NaController], FileNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : RpcConnectionFailed,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.ConnectNaController

2 REPLIES 2

timothyn

Hi cgeck0000,

This sounds like a known issue with using the "-Verbose" switch to the "Import-Module" cmdlet (see here for detail).  We were never able to resolve it specifically, but the work-around is just to leave off the "-Verbose" switch when importing DataONTAP.  Fortunately the problem seems to be resolved in the PowerShell v3 previews.

If you are not using "Import-Module -Verbose" please include the full list of commands you execute before connecting.

Cheers!

Eric

cgeck0000

Hi Eric,

In doing my research I saw the article you are refering to, but I was not using the "-Verbose" switch. After trying some different things, mainly how I access and run the executable and script, it began to work correctly.  Thank you for your response.

Public