Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Cluster Snapmirror Lag

CLAYTONJS

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I wasn't able to find it.

I'm looking to find the lag time for snapmirrors on c-mode. In 7-mode, when we did Get-NaSnapmirror we could get LagTimeTS. So far I'm unable to find lag time for c-mode and I can't tell if I'm just blind or if it's not there. Has anyone else run into this?

PS C:\> Get-NaToolkitVersion

Major  Minor  Build  Revision

-----  -----  -----  --------

3      1      1      181

PS C:\> Get-NcSnapmirror

SourceLocation                                DestinationLocation                           Status       MirrorState

--------------                                -------------------                           ------       -----------

svmnas1:tst_smb_01                                 svmbkp1:svmnas1_tst_smb_01_dp                                  idle         snapmirrored

PS C:\> Get-NcSnapmirrorDestination

SourceLocation               : svmnas1:tst_smb_01

DestinationLocation          : svmbkp1:svmnas1_tst_smb_01_dp

NcController                 : nas01

DestinationVolume            : svmnas1_tst_smb_01_dp

DestinationVserver           : svmbkp1

IsConstituent                : False

ProgressLastUpdated          :

RelationshipId               : 22ec4394-2a6f-11e4-872c-123465829712

RelationshipStatus           : idle

RelationshipType             : data_protection

SourceVolume                 : tst_smb_01

SourceVolumeNode             : nas01-c

SourceVserver                : svmnas1

TransferProgress             :

IsConstituentSpecified       : True

ProgressLastUpdatedSpecified : False

TransferProgressSpecified    : False

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

billyd

There isn't a LagTimeTS member for Get-NCSnapmirror as far as I could tell.  I've used LagTime to get the seconds since the last transfer and I've worked with that before. 

To find relationships older than a day: get-ncsnapmirror | Where-Object {$_.lagTime -gt 86400}

To change the output from seconds to date format I did the following:

get-ncsnapmirror | select SourceLocation,DestinationLocation,@{n="Lag";e={(get-date).addseconds(($_.LagTime * -1)).tostring('MM/dd/yyyy')}}

SourceLocation                                         DestinationLocation                                    Lag                                                
--------------                                         -------------------                                    ---                                                
SRC:usrvol1                                   DEST:usrvol1                                         09/15/2014                                         
SRC:vol_homedirs                              DEST:vol_homedirs                                    09/15/2014                                         
SRC:vol_test                                         DEST:vol_test                                       01/29/2014                                          

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

billyd

There isn't a LagTimeTS member for Get-NCSnapmirror as far as I could tell.  I've used LagTime to get the seconds since the last transfer and I've worked with that before. 

To find relationships older than a day: get-ncsnapmirror | Where-Object {$_.lagTime -gt 86400}

To change the output from seconds to date format I did the following:

get-ncsnapmirror | select SourceLocation,DestinationLocation,@{n="Lag";e={(get-date).addseconds(($_.LagTime * -1)).tostring('MM/dd/yyyy')}}

SourceLocation                                         DestinationLocation                                    Lag                                                
--------------                                         -------------------                                    ---                                                
SRC:usrvol1                                   DEST:usrvol1                                         09/15/2014                                         
SRC:vol_homedirs                              DEST:vol_homedirs                                    09/15/2014                                         
SRC:vol_test                                         DEST:vol_test                                       01/29/2014                                          

View solution in original post

CLAYTONJS

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public