Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Confusion with Start-Nasnapvaultsectransfer

JGPSHNTAP

So, we ran into an issue where we needed to start a bunch of snapvaults that for some reason or the other failed to start.  (root cause to be determined)

So I took this opportunity to test my netapp ps skills and for some reason i'm not liking what i'm seeing.

I'm running a simple query

get-nasnapvaultsecstatus | ? {$_.secondary -like "*servera*"} |  Start-nasnapvaultsectransfer

But i'm met with a big error: Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer : The qtree idle is not configured in snapvault.

So, i said, that doesn't seem to be correct, so  Then I did the following

get-nasnapvaultsecstatus | ? {$_.secondary -like "*servera*"} |  Select Destinationpath | out-file c:\log.log

I figured I would hack my way through this and then did

gc c:\temp\log.log | % { start-nasnapvaultsectransfer $_ }

And i'm met with ..

At line:1 char:61

+ gc C:\log.log | % { start-nasnapvaultsectransfer <<<<  $_ }

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (filer:NaController) [Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer], ESNAPVAULTSETUP

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Snapvault.StartNaSnapvaultSecTransfer

Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer : The qtree blah/blah

is not configured in snapvault.

But the qtree's are 100% configured...

Ok, where' am I going wrong?

thx

josh

2 REPLIES 2

beam

Hi Josh,

It looks like the pipelining is failing to bind the SecondaryPath parameter properly.  Your work-around would work, but there appears to be white space after the qtree path, which is causing the cmdlet to fail.  Try something like this:

Get-NaSnapvaultSecStatus  | ? {$_.secondary -like "*servera*"} | % { Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer $_.DestinationPath }

Thanks,

Steven

JGPSHNTAP

Yeah, that seems to work.. Weird how things didn't work from the pipeline and not binding to the secondarypath parameter.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public