Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit Documentation

dlmaldonado

Is there any way to get the Data Ontap Powershell Toolkit html docs (''Show-NaHelp") in a single pdf doc?

I'd like to be able to print out and reference as a pdf book and as yet, I don't see that anywhere.

If it exists as a download, can someone point the link out to me?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

beam

I happen to run into a possible workaround through sheer luck.  It turns out you can pipe the output of Get-NaHelp to Get-Help, which will give you help information for every cmdlet included in the toolkit.  You can then pipe this into Out-File to create a text file of all the help information (and with the -full switch, you get all the examples too!):

PS> Get-NaHelp | Get-Help -full | Out-File "DataONTAP Powershell Toolkit Online Help.txt"

This will create a ~3.5MB text file of all the help information.

Hope that helps!

-Steven

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

marco_shaw

Now, I can likely create a single document with all of the 445-ish cmdlets in it.  Is that all you're looking for?

FrostByte

Did you ever manage to get the PDF created with all of the cmdlets? I wouldn't mind having a copy for refrence and to read through.

beam

I happen to run into a possible workaround through sheer luck.  It turns out you can pipe the output of Get-NaHelp to Get-Help, which will give you help information for every cmdlet included in the toolkit.  You can then pipe this into Out-File to create a text file of all the help information (and with the -full switch, you get all the examples too!):

PS> Get-NaHelp | Get-Help -full | Out-File "DataONTAP Powershell Toolkit Online Help.txt"

This will create a ~3.5MB text file of all the help information.

Hope that helps!

-Steven

View solution in original post

FrostByte

That's awsome!  Thanks

cknight

Still on the wish list.  Just a matter of priorities and resources!

dlmaldonado

Yes. That would be perfect. I have an e-reader I keep all my technical documentation. Over 700 pdfs at last count. And I'd like to be able to carry this with me in pdf form and read it like a book.

marco_shaw

I saw this on Twitter...  I don't know if I agree that this can't be done presently.  It might need a bit of scripting magic though.

Give me a few days (not that it will take that long, I just might not feel like trying it right now).

cknight

Not at present.  The online help docs are autogenerated during the Toolkit build.  I've captured this request for consideration in a future release.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public