Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Disconnect LUN

drdabbles

This is one of those in-between features, I think. I'd like to have the functionality of SDCLI made available in the ONTAP powershell toolkit, or at least some other toolkit. Having to issue "dumb" commands from inside a powershell script is becoming 99% of my work now.

An example use:

Script attaches to SQL server, performs an action, drops databases, detaches LUN from machine.

To do this currently, I need to call SDCLI with the mountpoint or volume path on the SAN. If I don't have those pieces of information readily available, it becomes extremely difficult to get them. SDCLI simply outputs a text, which is not (easily) parsable like the output of any of the ONTAP API commands.

1 REPLY 1

cknight

Hello, drdabbles.  Yes, it would be nice if SnapDrive for Windows offered a PowerShell interface.  While the Toolkit is not intended as a replacement for SnapDrive, we have added a few host-side items (such as HyperV listings) and will probably add more over time.  The example you give is a good one for consideration.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public