Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Highlighted

Disk Limit results differ from get-ncquota and get-ncquotareport

I am trying to have two basic functions: to query a given quota and to modify that same quota.
However, the resulting output does not seem to match

If I run the query command [GET-NCQUOTAREPORT] it returns this value.

QuotaType    QuotaTarget      Volume      Qtree      DiskUsed      FilesUsed      Vserver
---------           -----------              ------          -----       --------             ---------             -------
tree                /vol/test/test        test           test        8                    3                     vserver1

If I query it differently [GET-NCQUOTA] I get this returned:

QuotaType      QuotaTarget      Volume      Qtree      DiskLimit      FileLimit      Vserver
---------             -----------             ------           -----        ---------         ---------           -------
tree                 /vol/test/test test 1048576                  1048576               -          vserver1

If I modify [SET-NCQUOTA] the console output is the following:

QuotaType      QuotaTarget      Volume      Qtree      DiskLimit      FileLimit      Vserver
---------             -----------             ------           -----          ---------         ---------         -------
tree                  /vol/test/test      test                            1048576      -                   vserver1

QuotaTarget : /vol/test/test

Qtree : test
DiskUsed : 8
DiskLimit : 5120

As you can see the value of disk limit differs between the two. Why is this and how can I adjust the query/modify commands so that it reflects the correct disk limit information which shows correctly when viewing the disk limit in the GUI interface?

Check out the KB!
NetApp Insights To Action
All Community Forums