Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Get-NaVol/volume-list-info API

mteeuwen

Hi,

I'm attempting to write a script for a customer to create an overview of snapshots older than x days. My starting point would be to get a list of all volumes and query those volumes for snapshots.

I see in the documentation that the Get-NaVol cmdlet uses the volume-list-info API. However, this API is known to cause problems on busy filers with many LUNs. (See BURTs 645937 and 531053). SDW6.4.1 contains a fix that uses the volume-list-info-iter-* API instead.

Is there an alternative cmdlet available that uses the volume-list-info-iter-* API?

Kind regards,

Marco Teeuwen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

beam

Toolkit 2.2, released October 31st, will use volume-list-info-iter-* for Get-NaVol.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cknight

Try 'Get-NaVol -Terse'.  That has been shown to work on heavily-loaded systems.

mteeuwen

But that still uses that API. I don't want to trigger those burts.

beam

Hi Marco,

There is not a separate cmdlet that uses the volume-list-iter-* API.  As Clinton suggested, the -Terse option significantly reduces the amount of data returned, which helps on heavily-loaded systems.  However, as you point out, this does still use volume-list-info.  I will log moving to the iterator form for consideration in a future release.

Thanks,

Steven

rikv

Can we file the use of volume-list-info as a bug? The volume-list-info API has been depreciated and should thus no longer be used. (see b#645937).

I'd like to have commitment that a fix will go onto the roadmap (if there is such a thing for this).

beam

Toolkit 2.2, released October 31st, will use volume-list-info-iter-* for Get-NaVol.

View solution in original post

mteeuwen

Thanks Steven, that's good news.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public