Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Get-NcAntivirusLog : not authorized for that command

jbattista

When attempting to run Get-NcAntivirusLog, for the purposes of building a report, this error is returned.
Get-NcAntivirusLog : not authorized for that command

Get-Help does not show any additional command required for this cmdlet. I am assuming it requires advanced privileges (set -privilege advanced), but I have not found a way to set those within Powershell.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Get-NcAntivirusLog : not authorized for that command

hmoubara

Hello,

Which version of Ontap are you running and what user are you using to connect to the storage?

Thanks 

NetApp_SR

Just to be sure while logged in as the same user you are connecting with in powershell, set privilege to advanced and try to run the "vserver vscan show-events".   Then move on to the script. I looked at some other scripts so maybe something like Invoke-NcSsh -Command "set -privilege advanced;vserver vscan show-events" will work for you. Let me know if this helps or if we need to try again.

jbattista

I actually posted that same solution yesterday after I posted my question. It seems to have gone missing.

jbattista

I believe have figured out how to run the cmdlet in question.

Invoke-NcSsh -Command "set -privilege advanced -confirmations off" | Get-NcVscanEvents

Since the command is a PowerShell call to "vserver vscan show-events", and to be able to use that command, set -privilege advanced needs to be called, putting the command into the Invoke-NcSsh cmdlet and piping the reset to the Get-NCAntiVirusLog cmdlet, works. 

I do think that the Get-NcVscanEvents should be a standalone, and not require this addition to make it work. I think the advanced privilege should be either in the Connect-NcController or the Get-NcVscanEvents or Get-NcAntiVirusLog.

View solution in original post

2021 NetApp Partner Experience Survey
PES Banner
All Community Forums
Public