Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Get-NcLun Not Returning Node Attribute

mcgue

I'm guessing this is an issue in the actual API call.  When I query for node with Get-NcLUN is get nothing populated, but I am able to see it from the CLI.  Anyone seen this before?

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Get-NcLun | select path,node

Path Node
---- ----
/vol/new_vol/2db_data
/vol/new_vol/2db_log
/vol/new_vol/rg_asm1
/vol/new_vol/rg_asm2
/vol/new_vol/rg_asm3
/vol/new_vol/rg1_asm1
/vol/vol2/lun1

cluster1::*>lun show -fields node
vserver path node
------- --------------------- --------------
rg_vs /vol/new_vol/2db_data cm3170-rtp3-01
rg_vs /vol/new_vol/2db_log cm3170-rtp3-01
rg_vs /vol/new_vol/rg1_asm1 cm3170-rtp3-01
rg_vs /vol/new_vol/rg_asm1 cm3170-rtp3-01
rg_vs /vol/new_vol/rg_asm2 cm3170-rtp3-01
rg_vs /vol/new_vol/rg_asm3 cm3170-rtp3-01
vs0 /vol/vol2/lun1 cm3170-rtp3-02
7 entries were displayed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aparajita

Uh, yes. This works correctly only if toolkit version > 3.2 and DataONTAP version >= 8.3.

I checked the zapidocs for 8.2 and I see the lun-info struct got the node field only in 8.3. So you were right, this was an issue with the api and they fixed it in 8.3.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Aparajita

Hi,

Which version of the toolkit are you using? With the latest (3.2.1), Node information is correctly displayed. May be this is a problem with an older version?

PS C:\Users\aparajir\Perforce\aparajir_BTC_pstk_3\main> Get-NcLun -VserverContext san_vs | Select Path,Node

Path Node
---- ----
/vol/a2n_vol/1gLun f3250-215-73-75-01
/vol/a2n_vol/tiny_lun f3250-215-73-75-01
/vol/datastore2/disk1 f3250-215-73-75-01
/vol/datastore2/windows_lun f3250-215-73-75-01

Thanks,

Aparajita

ChanceBingen

I never noticed before, but mine does that too.

At first I thought it might be because I was connecting to an SVM management LIF with SVM creds (Nodes aren't SVM concepts), but I tried with a cserver LIF and creds and got the same result.

I am using the latest version posted to the toolchest.

That being said, my controller is running a nightly build of ONTAP 8.2.Xlatest, so all bets are off.

OP, are you running a promoted build?

mcgue

Thanks for the reply.  I'm running against a lab box with this: 

NetApp Release 8.2.3P1 Cluster-Mode: Mon Feb 02 11:28:04 PST 2015

I'm wondering if maybe this only returns in 8.3?

ChanceBingen

That must be it. I just connected to a filer running 8.3P1 and it works fine.

Yeah for new features!

Aparajita

Uh, yes. This works correctly only if toolkit version > 3.2 and DataONTAP version >= 8.3.

I checked the zapidocs for 8.2 and I see the lun-info struct got the node field only in 8.3. So you were right, this was an issue with the api and they fixed it in 8.3.

mcgue

Thanks so much for clarifying everything.  One quick question back, are those ZAPI docs somewhere I can cross reference?  I'm finding a few others that I seem to be in the same boat with.

Aparajita

There is a really great tool available at http://zoom.rtp.netapp.com/, which has the zapidocs for all released versions. If you connect to your filer through this tool it will even automatically choose the appropriate zapidoc for your ONTAP version.

But if you want to access the zapidocs for a particular build, <build_location>/final/bedrock/export/common/zapiprod/adminapi/zapidoc.all is the place to look at. Feel free to send me a private msg or mail if you require any further clarification on this method.

mcgue

Wonderful thanks!

mcgue

Thanks for the reply.  I am using the 3.2.1 against a 8.2.3P1 install.  What version of ONTAP are you using maybe that is the difference?

Public