Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Global replication throttle cmdlet

JGPSHNTAP

I've been looking through the cmdlets for a global replication throttle option and i've come up empty.  As we all know, there is no throttling schedule 'yet' on Ontap, so the idea I had was to just loop the controllers through a powershell script to turn replication on and off on a set schedule.

I saw that you can do it per line with Invoke-NaSnapmirrorThrottle.  That's not what we are looking for.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

JGPSHNTAP

OK, so here is the finished code.  I wanted to be able to have one script and pass multiple arguments into it so we can schedule a task.

To launch scheduled task "powershell.exe script.ps1 input1 input1   Or within powershell   .\script.ps1 input1 input2

It's simple, but hopefully this will help someone else as well

[Code]

Param(

$input1,

$input2

)

## Import DataonTap

Import-Module Dataontap

$hostfile = $input1

gc $hostfile | % {

$C = Connect-NaController $_ #

Set-NaOption replication.throttle.enable $input2

}

[/code]

JGPSHNTAP

Thx guys.  I ran show-nahelp and search on the cmdlets titles only for replication.   I shoulda dug deeper for the options.  I will play with the cmdlet tomorrow for sure. 

I plan on looping controllers through a scheduled task to turn it on and off. I will repost.

Thx

nick_barton

Josh,

You can accomplish what you are trying to do with the Set-NaOption replication.throttle.enable on. You can also use Get-NaOption to do a check in your script to see if it is on or off. Alternatively you can always use the Invoke-Nassh to pass cli commands directly to the NetApp when you can't find a commandlet to do the job, i.e. (assuming you have already established a controller connection if not you can put controller name and credentials into the invoke command) Invoke-Nassh "options replication.throttle.enable on/off".

I encourage everyone if/when they have to time to just import the module via interactive powershell and issue a Get-Command | Select-String Na just to have a look at all the DataOnTAP commandlets available. From there you can issue a Get-Help commandlet command for more information.

Hope this helps. Good luck. 

-Nick Barton

cknight

Thanks, Nick.  I would only add that you can also use Get-NaHelp and Get-NcHelp to get a little more insight on the Data ONTAP cmdlets available, organized by API, API category, etc.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public